(Saga Castle, reconstructed)
Iki chain reaction
If iki is understood better, designers and artists would actively create works inspired by iki. A chain reaction will start.
How to join
There are many ways to join Modern Iki Project.
If you are a designer, writer, photographer, architect, artist who are interested in iki, please let us know.
Let us know if you created works based on the idea of modern iki.
When you tweet, use hashtags such as #iki, #ModernIki, #いき, #モダンいき.
(You need to insert spaces before and after Japanese hashtags. See: 日本語ハッシュタグ)。
Food for thought
To understand iki, try thinking about the following.
- The difference between iki and wabi-sabi
- The difference between iki and coolness
- The difference between iki and kawaii
- Pairs of iki and yabo things
- Any iki arrangement you heard or encountered
- Modern Iki Project Facebook page Like us on Facebook!
Yamamoto Yuji "An Aesthetics of Everyday Life: Modernism and a Japanese popular aesthetic ideal, Iki" (MA Thesis at the University of Chicago)